Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Australian

The first person I started talking to when I decided to go back onto the online dating scene was The Australian. I found him on the How About We site. I thought he was interesting because he was on it just to find a person to hang out with when he came to visit in L.A. So we emailed back and forth for a bit and finally the time came and he was here!

He told me he was coming for six days and I was really unsure if I was supposed to be his tour guide for the entire time or if he had six different girls lined up to hang out with. I can tell you that I did let my imagination run away with me and envisioned this fun fling that would not be unlike Sandy and Danny's summer fling in Grease.... VIDEO CLIP TIME!




I will tell you right now that's not what happened at all.

He arrived Saturday after driving from Las Vegas and we met up at The Cat & Fiddle which is a cool restaurant/bar with a ton of outdoor seating in Hollywood. And as we sat at the bar, him drinking a Budweiser, me a dark & stormy, all I could think was: "Holy Shit, this is one of the hottest guys I have ever been out with." Between that and the accent it was REAL hard to concentrate. I have a few friends who really don't like the Australian accent and I'm not sure I had a preference either way but it worked for this Australian. Okay, honestly, the guy could have talked with any accent or not at all and I would have been totally okay with it. That's how hot he was!

We talked and hung out for awhile. I learned that I know absolutely nothing about the great country of Australia. You mean it's not exactly like England but on the other side of the world? Here are things I learned and yes, I'm kind of ashamed about some of these facts that I'm sure I should have known:
  1. They have their own money! I'm not sure what I thought they used - pounds, maybe? Again, I just thought Australia was another England, leave me alone. Also, Australian money color coded.... kind of like Monopoly money (see right).
  2. The prime minister of Australia is a woman! But, no one really seems to like her. At least according to this Australian.
  3. They do NOT call soccer football. They call it soccer. But apparently they are real bad at it so no one really follows it.
  4. They have a super weird sport that is hugely popular. I still don't understand it but it's called Australian Rules Football. It's seems to me to be a weird combination of soccer and football but then a lot of other random rules mixed in.
  5. Not everyone from Australia surfs. That's just a stereotype! The Australian grew up in Melbourne by the bay so the waves were calm and he never learned how to surf.
And then after a few drinks, it was time to go. I was super awkward saying goodbye because ummm hello, I had a few drinks in me and had been staring at a guy who was so hot it was stupid for nearly three hours. I restrained myself and we made plans to hang out again. But.....when I texted him yesterday to follow up on these plans, I got a text message back 12 hours later saying he was in Hong Kong. Apparently, he had gotten an early flight home. Now, I'm not sure if this was a lie or not but either way.... OUCH!!! Oh well, at least I got free drinks on a Saturday night and spent three hours drooling over a really hot dude.... am I right!?

Whatever. Stupid hot Australians!! Now I'd like us all to watch a video of an Australian comedian making fun of the stupid Austrilian accent. Yeah, it was hot on Saturday but today I think it's stupid. Another Video Clip Time!



No comments:

Post a Comment