Saturday, November 27, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.......

The title of this entry pretty much sums up last weekend.

Looking back, I should have known better. I was being naive in thinking everything could just run smoothly. But hey, I was a little deceived as the The Ex waved the white flag on Friday night by buying me a burger and a beer and said to my face that he had overreacted and was okay with everything.

Saturday started well. Kaitlin and I got to Harvest Fest (where breweries from all over congregated to serve beer for 3.5 hours) before the huge crew of Jersey boys showed up. Kaitlin and I drank enough for her to be comfortable around 8-10 guys she didn't know and for me to ensure that I wasn't awkward around Hot Jersey Guy considering we only met once and had since only talked over facebook. Overall, Harvest Fest was fun and most importantly, drama free.

Things continued to be drama free as we went back to the apartment of the guy in the Jersey crew that now lives in Boston. We ate pizza, sobered up and then I got a lovely text message that read: "I hope you're having fun now because you won't later." Again, I should have taken this more seriously but showing it to my friend BK, who is also good friends with The Ex, and having him tell me not to worry about it, well, I didn't worry about it.

HUGE MISTAKE. I should have worried a lot about it because at the bar The Ex was very drunk and didn't hold back in making a scene. As The Ex showcased his extreme jealously the following was playing in my head VIDEO CLIP TIME!:


So, yeah that's how infuriating The Ex was being and just how terrible that hour at the bar was. Luckily, I kept my cool and was able to see the funny moments of that hour and I would like to highlight those 2 moments for you now:
  1.  Hot Jersey Guy gets the name of my blog thanks to great friend and reader, Sean. So, if you're reading this Hot Jersey Guy: Sorta awkward but I hope you like the name I've given you and I still think it's very fitting. ;)
  2. Some random guy places himself in the middle of the group I am with to order a beer. And after I catch him staring at me about 30 times in a pretty creepy way, I have to tell someone. So, I tell my friend BK who loves to jump at the opportunity to be tough (so sweet really). And all of a sudden the 2 of them are gone. Upon returning, BK decided its okay to introduce the creepy guy to me. And since I'm a polite girl, I shake his hand and as creepy guy holds my hand for one second too long, he asks "Can I speak to Katie without all these guys around." And without missing a beat Hot Jersey Guy says, "No." Creepy guys says, "Really." Really. And on that note, we leave the bar. In the cab to the next bar I find out that BK promised to introduce creepy guy to me because he bummed a cigarette off him. Wow. Good to know I can be pawned off for cigarettes. Ooooooh my life.
After leaving the bar, the terrible hour and The Ex behind, the night could really only get better. And dear blog readers, it sure did. Knowing that Hot Jersey Guy can and might possibly read this, I have to leave the rest of the night up to your lovely imaginations. But I will say, we decided to leave the bar and everyone else just before midnight, justifying it by all the day drinking we had done and to be perfectly honest, it was the best decision ever. Our night dramatically improved upon leaving everyone behind and heading home to Cambridge.

So, the weekend wasn't drama free as I was hoping but luckily, I found my way around it to have just the fun I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment