Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dates, Drinks and Discoveries

As I said last time, I had two dates lined up. The first was with The Animator and the second was with The Renaissance Man -thanks for the suggestions on the name everyone! I'm going to start with the date with The Renaissance Man because frankly, it’s less exciting and I don’t want to end on an anticlimactic note.

To be honest, I thought this guy just might be my soul mate – NOT because he said anything over OKCupid messages that made me think so, mostly because I had such an amazing Sunday. It started with sex (with the Ex… sigh) but regardless of who it was with, this is always a good way to start the day. I got a good work out in, then the rest of the day was lazy yet productive. I watched bad Ben Stiller movies, I ate pie with my roommates who I never see, I got laundry and homework done, I made a trip to Target, I played Rock Band for the first time with my roommate and when I was going to be super late for my date with The Renaissance Man, I ended up seeing my friend in transit who gave me a ride! The day was just going so well, I kind of thought, “because this day is so awesome, this guy must be so awesome.” Well, he wasn’t awesome. He wasn’t lame, don’t get me wrong, but my awesome Sunday had high expectations and unfortunately, he didn’t make the cut.


Before I go any further, I need to admit something. I’m not really proud of it but at 5 foot 2 inches tall, I am a height snob. I know, I know! Where do I get off? I mean I’ve dated, and dated seriously, not so tall guys. But ever since I dated the Ex who is 6 feet tall, I’m really liking the tall guys, and the short guys – not so much. So for all the short guys out there – VIDEO CLIP TIME!







That being said, The Renaissance man comes waltzing into Border Café and the first thing I think, not really that tall. He wasn’t even short, I bet he was average, but the height snob in me said, “not tall enough.” Anyway, we sat down and I felt less distracted that he wasn’t as tall as I wished. I ordered a massive strawberry frozen margarita, which if you’re from the Boston area and have never gotten one from Border Café, stop reading and go there now! We talked about everything - where he grew up (California), where I grew up, what he did in college, what I did in college, he was on a Triathlon team (I had no idea there were Triathlon teams), I played sports for a little while, he has almost played every sport known to man, etc. etc. etc. I mean really in two hours we learned quite a bit about each other. And he was nice and cute, but I left the date feeling he was interesting but I, unfortunately, was not interested. What stinks about this whole OKCupid thing is I’m pretty sure you can't just be friends with people you meet. It’s implied that everyone wants a little action no matter what they say they are “looking for" in their profiles. I wonder if I could successfully make a friend on OKCupid with a guy…skeptical, of course.


Oh man, NOW what you’ve ALL been waiting for….

DATE NUMBER TWO WITH THE ANIMATOR!


On Friday night, we met at The Sevens in Beacon Hill. It was your average pub but we got a cute corner table by the window. After three glasses of wine, and I think he had four Octoberfests, I’m pretty sure we were both a little tipsy. But, we were actually having a lot of fun. He was much more relaxed and the conversation was way less awkward than date number one. He was way more funny and we were having a really great time. We should have went home after all that wine and beer but we decided to go to the Red Hat for one more drink. When we both finished our drink we knew that neither of us needed another one but we didn’t know whether to end the date or what. He actually joked, “Well, we could go find a side street to make out in.” I’m not sure why I love when guys just say out loud that they want to make out with me but I do. Remember, this JUST happened to me in New York with the hot guy from Jersey. Anyway, I find it refreshing when people just outwardly say something about making because obviously we've both been thinking about it, so why not just say it out loud. I laughed at his make out suggestion, but I think he didn’t know how if was I laughing because I thought it was a terrible idea or laughing because he said it. Anyway, we decided to call it a night.


We walked to government center and realized we might have missed the last train – we had no idea it was that late. In trying to decide to either see if we should see if there was more train for us to take or find a cab, I stared up at him (he’s a good foot taller than me – score!) and then we kissed! Right in front of the government center T Stop, super romantic - HA.


Then another "romantic" thing happened. He asked how we should get to our respective homes and I said, “Well, I could be super forward right now” and he told me to go for it, so I did. I asked him to come home with me. We got a cab and the next thing I know we were making out in my bed.


Now, you’re thinking wow, this is great. The Animator is tall, funny, good looking, clearly you liked making out with him! Well, I thought the same thing but since I’m a true and blue skeptic, I thought, "okay, what’s the catch?" Well, the catch is the enormous heat he’s packing, if you know what I mean.

I hate to divulge too many details about my sexual experiences because this is really just supposed to be about pointing, clicking and dating – sex is implied but it’s not the focus of this blog and besides I’m a classy lady (or try to be). But I have to say I was in awe when I felt what he was working with down there. And I say felt because seriously I didn't look at it, I was too scared. I had NO idea they came in that size. My friends who have run into this (huge) issue should have given me exact measurements, I felt so unprepared! So I did what any shocked girl would do- I pretended I was more drunk than I was and just kind of stopped all physical activities.

Luckily, he didn't think it was weird and we have another date tonight. I'm going to try my hardest not to think about this (huge) issue. We'll just have to see what happens but this new discovery makes me very, very nervous! Rest assured, my next entry about date number three will not go into juicy details because there will be no juicy details to disclose. I'm just not sure I can handle it. Sure, I've never been presented with the opportunity to really know if I can handle it or not, but seriously this thing was ginormous. Although, if I do get the courage to do something with it, all I'm saying is I better get some free rock band shit out of it, because by the way I'm obsessed with Rock Band now. So it's really fitting I'm seeing a guy who works for Rock Band. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment