Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Night of Sax & Lessons in Gambling

This weekend was quite eventful on the date front... maybe too eventful.

First, was Friday: A Night of Sax! (And just SAX!)

If everyone remembers correctly, after my date with the Hot Musician I broke my own rule of three, made a total amateur move and texted him the next day. After a couple days went by and I didn't hear from him, I got a bit disappointment and wondered if I had blew it! But, exactly two days after I sent the text (three days after the initial date) Hot Musician sent me a text back. This time I knew I had to keep my cool so I figured I would text him back when I got back from Boston. And the second (literally the second!) I went to text him back, he texted me! And he invited me to his gig at PIPs. Apparently, Hot Musician plays there every Friday night. Of course, I tried played it cool and gave him an ambiguous repsonse, "Sounds fun. I'll try and make it" and then texted every one of my friends to see if they would go with me.

Luckily, Erin, my dear friend, avid fan & supporter of this blog, decided to join me. PIPs is a super cute Italian restaurant with an outdoor patio with a small stage of performers. And not to mention the wine is delicious and cheap! We get there just before Hot Musician's second set. When we walk in I see him talking to a bunch of people at a table. When he sees me, he immediately gets up, seems happy to see me and gives me a hug - I don't know if I was nervous or just awkward but I do know he was one of the two, if not both, as well. After a brief introduction, Erin and I sit down, order some wine and wait for the Hot Musician to start his set. And then he starts playing the saxophone. And then I remember why I'm calling him Hot Musician. I mean he's adorable when not playing the saxophone but then he's playing the saxophone and damn, dude is sexy. And I find it really hard to watch because I'm afraid I'd just fall in love or something. I mean hot and talented? Stop it!

At one point during the set, a woman who he met in Japan (I think it was Japan?) got on stage to sing. And she kind of just took it away (and she was also crazy talented) so he came and sat down to chat for a second. Of course, I can't really form sentences because I'm still in awe of how good-looking and talented he is. Again, so lucky Erin was there to help me out! When Hot Musician goes back to play the rest of his set Erin is convinced that he keeps looking at me and seems to be incredibly nervous. Awwww Hot Musician! I'm still not sure if I agree with her but the idea of it sounds pretty great.

After the set, Erin and I talked with Hot Musician for a little while and then we went out separate ways. And then this time, Hot Musician sent ME a text too soon! But to be honest it wasn't too soon at all and I was really excited to get a text when I got home from his gig saying, "Thanks again for coming out tonight, was really great to see you". And now I wait and hope that he gets it together to ask me out. Hot Musician is hot, musically talented but I fear he may be a bit awkward when it comes to girls. Which in turn, makes me think he's even more adorable. There's nothing hotter than a hot musician who has no clue just how hot he actually is. Sigh.....

There was not much time to dwell on Hot Musician though because Saturday night was the night I learned exactly why I don't gamble and shouldn't gamble in the future.

Saturday night's date was with Funny Guy. From his very first message in which he said, "I skimmed your profile and thought it sounded ok," this guy had me laughing. I knew at the very least he wouldn't be a boring date. And man... I really had no idea how not boring this date would be. He was house sitting in Venice so he asked if I'd mind traveling over that way. Of course, I didn't mind at all and I met him at the house he was staying at and we took his car to Santa Monica. We decided to go to Basement Tavern  which I've actually been to a couple of times and I love it. There is usually a band playing and the vibe is cool. Our conversation is going pretty well and as expected I'm laughing a lot. And then somehow I ask if he has any tattoos. And that's when he says he has "A cock on his foot." Hilarious, Funny Guy, hilarious. I don't play into his games though and I ask, completely disbelieving, "You have a rooster tattoo on your foot?" And he says, "Yep, and a pig on the other one." And I just don't believe this. The only people I know who have tattoos on their feet are girls so I just can't believe that this super tall, ex-professional kayaking (yeah, you read that right), grown man has tattoos on his feet. I tell him I don't believe him and he says, "Oh yea, what would you bet?"

And this ladies and gentlemen is your lesson in gambling. When asked  this question the correct answer is, "Nothing. I wouldn't bet on it." You do NOT say, "I'd bet whatever." And when the guy you've met for the first time says, "You'd bet a blow job?" You should probably just get up and leave. You do not say, "Why not?! That's how confident I am that you don't have tattoos on your feet!" And if you're dumb enough to say something like that, when the guy tries to talk you out of this ridiculous this bet you're about to make you say, "You're right, I shouldn't bet anything let alone THAT!" And when at the last second, when the guy realizes you're actually going to be dumb enough to make this bet and adds in "And you have to go in the hot tub with me later tonight." You say, "Oh wait a minute! It seems like you're setting me up for disaster, I'm definitely, definitely not betting on this!" You by no means ever go through with this bet!!!

Unless you're me and you're feeling cocky (pun totally intended) and clearly took some stupid pills before you left your house. Since Funny Guy obviously knew I was going to feel real, real stupid in about five minutes, he bought me a shot before we left the bar. And before we get in his car, he showed me his stupid feet tattoos. And for the millionth time that night, I laugh. But this time it's at myself and how completely dumb I can be. So in order to make myself feel better about this idiotic moment VIDEO CLIP TIME!:



Not only did I feel dumb but when I realized his tattoos were traditional sailor tattoos, I remembered having a conversation at some point about these exact tattoos. Therefore, somewhere hidden in the smart part of my brain I knew that sailors get tattoos on their feet and that feet tattoos are actually really common on men. If only I had remembered it before I decided to make a stupid bet! 

Well, it made for some good laughs and then there I was hanging out in some stranger's home with Funny Guy, who was not a complete stranger anymore but still kind of a stranger. And the next thing I know I'm making out with Funny Guy in some stranger's home. And then he tells me it's time for the hot tub. And right then and there I believe I have two options run away or just get in. I go with the latter because I had one drink too many to drive right at that moment, I had one drink too many to make smart decisions and I figure I should at least hold up one part of the bet because I obviously have no intention of fulfilling the other part of the bet. I may stupid but I am not a stupid hoe. Alright, I can't help it, VIDEO CLIP TIME AGAIN!:




Alright, so I decide the hot tub, although unconventional for a first date, is an okay thing to do. And then Funny Guy just gets naked to get into the hot tub and that's when I'm wondering if I made a terrible mistake. But.... then I think back for moment. Although this guy is nearly 30, his actions are more like those of the guys I knew in high school WHEN I was in high school. I mean who even says, "blow job" on a first date? High school boys. Who invites a girl over to a house that isn't his and persuades her into a hot tub? High school boys. Who just gets naked in front of near strangers without even a second thought about it? High school boys. And at the very end of the night when he started chewing/spitting chewing tobacco, I was eerily reminded of the entire North Quincy High School baseball team. Shudder. And that's when I was like "Yep! I'm totally fine now to drive home!!" and ran to my car.

But here's the thing. I had fun. I acted young and stupid too! And to match his high school boy persona, I decided kiss him lots but ONLY kiss him and not put out even a little bit - total high school girl move! But, yeah, it was fun and it was stupid and although I could never ever date this guy seriously (I mean, really, did you just read what happened on our first date?) I would totally have a fun and stupid night with him again. Of course, no more bets will be placed but some more immature fun? Eh why not, you only live once!


1 comment:

  1. KATIE! KATIE KATIE KATIE! IIIII was the one you totally had this conversation about the pig and rooster tattoos cause C has them! It was ME!! Hahahahhaa. What a gem that guy is. Oh man, should those tattoos now be a huge red flag?

    ReplyDelete