Monday, December 20, 2010

FAIL. EPIC FAIL.

Well, my grad class is officially over and I think I passed that! As for my personal life? Well, I'll let you all ultimately be the judge.

Since it's been 10 days (first fail, I can't even keep up with my own damn blog) I'll recap my last entry.  I've been debating whether or not to be single or not. And the struggle hasn't gotten any easier.

As I wrote in the last entry I was texting The Musician and I made plans to hang out after my last class. I didn't really think we'd hang out and I'm serious about this. I thought he'd forget and that would be that. Well, he didn't forget. He actually tried to plan a date, it was super awkward but I reminded him I had class and pretty much all I wanted to do was drink considering I had spent the last three days writing a paper.

We met at Tavern in the Square in Porter which is literally underneath where my class was located. And we actually had a really fun time. We laughed, we talked, we drank. He told me about his ex-girlfriend getting roofied once and then after his story, I stared at him and said, "Mmm, I don't think she was roofied." And he was like no, she did blah blah blah and I was still like, "Mmm, no, I'm not sure about that. Doesn't really sound like she got roofied to me." Sometimes, I'm a brat and I'm honest about that. And when he was clearly driving me home after the bar I thought oh shit, because I said his ex-girlfriend didn't get roofied he doesn't even want to make out with me anymore. But, as we drove to my apartment and then passed it, he asked "Is there parking around here?" UM WAY TO INVITE YOURSELF OVER MUSICIAN.

And I did call him out on it and that was funny, at least for me. So, we get to my apartment and head to my room. And then things got real awkward, real fast. He sat across the room from me until I was like why are you so far away? And then he sat at the end of my bed until I was like why are you still far away? Then he was close but still he made no move. We talked for literally a million hours and for a moment or two I thought, "I shouldn't sleep with him anyway because I'm confused about what I want and this will just make things more confusing. I will NOT make a move." But, then I quickly decided that was a DUMB idea and made a move. More because I wanted to make the whole night of talking worth it because really talking is for relationships and the whole point of hanging out with The Musician was to actively get away from a relationship. DUH.

On Tuesday, I was clearly interested in being single but in the same breath maybe I'm failing at being single too. I say this because for the rest of the week after my night with The Musician, the only person I saw was The Ex. He monopolized my weekend and I'm not sure how I feel about that. We had a lot of fun but how am I really supposed to know if being single is really what I want if I don't live my weekends or at least part of my weekends like a single girl?

I don't know. I just don't. I'm at a loss. Another fail.

Luckily, I'm not the only failure at life. To make myself feel better and to make you laugh I'm going to share with you a couple of messages I got on OKCupid that I'd call an EPIC, EPIC FAILURE:

Subject: You're Awesome
Message: You seem like an awesome girl. I like that you're into reading. I'm a huge early American history buff so I'm usually working on a good book. I also like the foods you have listed. I make amazing burritos. For me it's all about practice. My parents made them for us when I was young and I've been perfecting my technique from there. It would be fun to make them for you sometime. I'd love to get some ice cream with you (might be a little late for ice cream but we can try). Would you like to talk sometime?

Subject: The timing in tacos
Message:  So the eclectic nature in your banter made me think about of a good taco, and how much it's about good timing you want the taco hot and crisp, the lettuce fresh and the salsa picante even fresher. Rather random way to think of it , but 33 so I assume you count repeating the same task the remaining 66? I'd forget or leave things with friends that I'd go back and get. Has happened pretty much anyways, what countries have you visited?

What I really want to know is were these guys serious?! Did they really think I'd message them back? C'mon.

Even better though, VIDEO CLIP TIME!! And is THIS guy serious?? You're really in for a treat this week everyone:


No comments:

Post a Comment