Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Musician

The Musician

The Musician is not someone I met through OKCupid, however, he has a role to play in all of this. I met him though my friend, Kaitlin. The first time was back in July when I had a boyfriend and although I thought he was cute I kept this thought to myself. The next time, I was a free lady so the situation was much different. All evening questions popped in my mind "Was he this attractive last time?", "Was he this funny?" "Is it just me or does he keep stealing glances at me?" "Why is he so much cooler than last time?" Well, I guess singlehood give you a nice fresh perspective. Then I offered him to give me a ride home and when he called my major in college bad ass (I created my own major and most people look at me sideways not understanding), I knew this was someone I wanted to see again.

And before I knew it, I felt about 14 years old and had a a crush! He was attractive, funny, smart, artistic AND down to earth?? COME ON. I willed him to ask for my number and as I was willing, he asked if I "bumped."I thought this was a really inappropriate question since he really didn't know me that well. However, he meant did I have the "Bump App" iPhone. Kids these days with their modern technology. I didn't have the Bump App and I had to manually put my number into his phone. He on the other hand, texted me his contact information so that all I had to do was hit add as contact and everything I ever wanted to know about him short of his social security number was added to my phone automatically. I went from having no information to his number, his work and personal email, his twitter user name, the link to his blog, his address and his birthday. It was information overload but obviously gave me lots of things to look up and look through. Firstly, whether or not Pisces and Taurus are a good match. According to Elle Magazine it's a lovely match. PHEW.

But you know what? This is just like me to get ahead of myself. So, I tried to play it cool and when he didn't call me for five days, I tried to pretend I wasn't counting. I did hear the scoop from Kaitlin that he was interested though so then I thought: "Hey. HEY. If he's interested, and I told Kaitlin I'm interested, and then in true 6th grade fashion Kaitlin assured him I was interested so that he had the green light to make some plans, well what the F was taking so long?" Ugh, Typical Taurus, super impatient.

So, what did I do? Wait for him to call NO. I invited him out to listen to some Irish music at a bar in Inman Square. And he came, again had great conversation, we stayed out late and then he drove me home. As we started to approach my house, I wondered if he'd make a move or maybe he was just super passive just like he wouldn't call, oh no, well I couldn't - "Can I use your bathroom?" he asked interrupting my thoughts. I laughed, literally out loud. "Use my bathroom," smooth. But, of course I said yes and he "used my bathroom," maybe one day I'll ask him if he actually had to go. And then he came out and I thought this is it! And then he made awkward small talk and said he should go. I followed him to the door and gave him the best doe eyes I could muster up. And then.... an awkward hug and he was going. And my jaw dropped and I asked the ceiling "Really? Really? Nothing?" I slammed my door and again asked the door the same questions. It stayed silent, I think it was embarrassed for everyone involved in this situation.


And just as I was about to text someone, most likely Kaitilin, about this ridiculous ordeal, I get a message from you guessed it, The Musician! "I wanted to stay but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to hit on you." Well, what did that mean? I immediately called and asked. He had done his background check just as I had. He knew I was fresh to the single world and made assumptions that maybe he should back off. I told him as little as possible about my break up but said that it was a good thing it was over and that I liked him and wished he hadn't gone. Apparently, he hadn't. He was still downstairs. And the next thing I knew it we were kissing in the doorway just as I had imagined. And then the next thing I knew I was waking up next to him. Now don't get the wrong idea, it really wasn't like that. I'm not that easy. Geez.

And then a week went by and what do you know? Radio silence from The Musician. Kaitlin, my not so secret, secret spy tried to get some info. He had a great time! He was going to call! And then he didn't. And again, I was outraged. Why? What's the problem now? And again, the Taurus in me couldn't just leave it be. I confronted the problem in truly childish fashion by sending him a text - hey don't judge me most of you wouldn't have called either. I got to the bottom of it. He was interested, but cautious because he too was getting over a break up - which seemed much worse then mine and since I knew it had happened 4 months ago because I did my background check too, it must have been REALLY bad. So, that made me feel like I should be cautious. I wasn't interested in a boyfriend, I wasn't interested in holding someone's had to just date me and have fun either. So, how do I distract myself....

OKCupid and this blog seemed like the perfect option.


No comments:

Post a Comment